Under general supervision utilizes the UNFCU sales and service model to provide superior service to UNFCU membership promptly and courteously within established guidelines, most often facilitated through building effective relationships and diligent problem solving. The MSR II position is responsible for determining members' financial needs and making referrals where necessary, promoting the Credit Union's product line, processing new accounts/loan applications, resolving member account/loan problems, and assisting members to the fullest extent possible. This position performs a variety of duties related to servicing members of the United Nations Federal Credit Union.
A Member Service Representative II is distinguished from a Member Service Representative I by the requirement to utilize the UNFCU sales and service model l to conduct thorough member interviews, handle more complicated member inquiries and requests, and take appropriate action under more generalized supervision.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to provide a memorable member experience at each and every touch point.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to deepen connections with members to better understand their needs by asking effective questions and building relationships.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to become a trusted advisor to members by presenting the features and benefits of UNFCU’s products and services that will best satisfy their current and future needs.
• Investigate member account/loan issues, determine action necessary to resolve the issue, and ensure that this action is taken in a timely fashion. Follow up to ensure that the issue is corrected, and keep members informed of the status of their issues.
• Complete sales tracking forms in accordance with procedures.
• Keep abreast of changing/new regulations, UNFCU products, procedures and technology.
• Verify eligibility of prospective members, establish new memberships, and open new accounts.
• Perform opening and maintenance activities on accounts and memberships in accordance with compliance regulations.
• Respond to member telephone inquiries and requests. Prepare responses to member correspondence in accordance with UNFCU’s Corporate Communication Guidelines.
• Exercise the use of assigned lending authority limits to underwrite and approve other MSRs’ loan applications.
• Perform Teller functions when needed.
• Maintain confidentiality of all member account information.
• Participate in Credit Union training programs.
• Perform any other functions as requested by Supervisor/Management.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma (college degree preferred).
• Minimum of three years banking experience in a customer service function.
• NYS Life/Health license preferred.
• Prior experience in a sales environment preferred.
• Must have knowledge of regulations pertaining to accounts, services, confidentiality, disclosure requirements and lending.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, computer proficiency, professional appearance and a willingness to work flexible hours, including overtime.
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate
with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.