Under general supervision, utilizes the UNFCU sales and service model to provide superior service to UNFCU membership promptly and courteously within established guidelines, most often facilitated through building effective relationships and diligent problem solving, while being responsible for determining members' financial needs and making referrals where necessary.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to provide a memorable member experience at each and every touch point.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to deepen connections with members to better understand their needs by asking effective questions and building relationships.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to become a trusted advisor to members by presenting the features and benefits of UNFCU’s products and services that will best satisfy their current and future needs.
• Utilize UNFCU's service model to achieve departmental, team and individual sales and referrals goals.
• Answer routine telephone calls as well as e-mail inquiries, web chat inquiries and written correspondence for the entire organization. Communicate with both domestic and international members and merchants, and provide appropriate answers or referrals.
• Investigate member account/loan issues, determine action necessary to resolve the issue, and ensure that action is taken in a timely fashion. Follow up to ensure that the issue is corrected, and keep members informed of the status of their issues.
• Review, verify, and process new membership accounts. Accept and review member consumer loan applications and follow up with appropriate action.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma and 2 years of banking experience in a customer service/call centre function. Prior experience in a sales environment is preferred.
• Knowledge of regulations pertaining to accounts, services, confidentiality, disclosure requirements and lending is preferred.
• Strong sales background
• Advance PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to organize work and set priorities
• Ability to manage relationships at all levels throughout the organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willingness to work rotating shifts, including weekends and flexible hours, and overtime.
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.