Coordinates and schedules all first and second trust closings with all parties, including the attorney(s), settlement/title agents, closing representatives, loan originators and members. Maintains and monitors the closing calendar. Ensures that all closing and legal documents are prepared in accordance with applicable Federal, State and NCUA rules and regulations, in addition to conventional and UNFCU guidelines. Reviews all closing conditions, title binders and surveys prior to closing, if applicable. Coordinates post funding and ensures set up of home equity loans by onboarding on system, verifying figures, disbursing funds and ordering checks.
• Review clear to close checklist upon loan submission to the closing queue to ensure completeness and compliance, including: title report review, mortgage payoff information, proposed assignment information, rate and document expiration dates and homeowner’s/flood insurance.
• Proactively schedule closings with attorneys, settlement agents/title companies, closing representatives, loan originators and members.
• Maintain and monitor closing calendar and communicate daily with closing, processing and originations as applicable.
• Provide exceptional internal and external service.
• Determine if all information is finalized for settlement.
• Act as back up to prepare Closing Disclosures and settlement packages, and review for accuracy for HELOCs and refinances.
• Review loan booking and disbursements for accuracy, including equity line postings and ordering of checks. Sign disbursement checks as required. Wire out all payoff funds as required. Send out required documents to the title company/county clerk as required. Send out all mortgage payoffs, tax/insurance payments, and title company funds for refinances.
• Post/fund mortgage and home equity loans by setting up in servicing system, verifying figures, disbursing funds, and appropriately document all related information in appropriate systems.
• Respond to QC report and post closing audit findings in a timely manner.
• Provide hands-on assistance for post-closing.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or some college coursework completed, with up to three years experience in mortgage operations (processing, closing or post closing)
• Fundamental knowledge of lending processes and regulatory requirements, including TRID
• Familiarity with title insurance, title reports, notes, mortgages and related documentation
• Familiar with secondary market closing requirements and mortgage terminology/documentation
• Proficiency with MS Office and applicable mortgage software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and sales/service skills
• Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
• Standard office conditions
• Willingness to work flexible hours
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.