Responds to loan servicing requests from inception to closing of a concern or complaint from all members. Provides responses to members as rapidly as possible, and with a high degree of accuracy and completeness. Escalate complaints as appropriate. Responsible for compliance with applicable Federal, State and NCUA rules, regulations and laws while upholding UNFCU’s commitment to quality member service and representing UNFCU in a positive and professional manner.
• Answer inbound calls and emails from members regarding various loan servicing issues.
• Answer members’ questions and concerns regarding the servicing of their mortgage loans to include billing statements, escrow questions (tax, insurance, and escrow analysis), ARMS, PMI, misapplied payments payoff inquires, satisfactions request, UCC termination filings and other servicing issues.
• Process consumer loan and mortgage loan updates and adjustments and record in appropriate information systems. Complete verification of first mortgage and payoff requests with the necessary/proper authorization from the member.
• Process members’ requests for payment histories, amortization schedules, payoffs, and provide members with documentation requests related to mortgage loans.
• Maintain confidentiality of member information.
• Ensure all member issues and complaints are resolved in a timely manner including logging complaints and escalating the complaints to management, as needed or required.
• Must have a good working knowledge of servicing guidelines and regulatory requirements established under RESPA and implemented through CFPB.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality attendance and punctuality, efficiency, initiative, member service and overall performance.
• Keep abreast of changes to current policies and procedures. Provide coverage for other Loan Servicing Representatives as needed.
• Exhibit professionalism, empathy, and courtesy in all interactions with UNFCU members and colleagues
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, plus 2 years of related work experience in loan servicing or in work that provided a working knowledge of mortgage and consumer loan products, including secured and unsecured loans, auto loans, lines of credit, and credit cards.
• Must have general knowledge of federal, state, county or city, investor, insurer, and internal laws, policies and procedures with regard to mortgage and consumer loan servicing.
• Familiarity with loan related documents such as Note, Mortgage/Deed of Trust, Riders, PMI and Flood certificates, and Closing Disclosures/TRID
• Strong Microsoft Office skills; experience with Fiserv DNA and Apropos is a plus
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions
• Requires a friendly, professional manner to work with UNFCU’s members
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Professional appearance and willingness to work flexible work hours
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.