Responsible for the timely and accurate authentication and preparation of outgoing member requested wires. Performs a variety of duties in order to ensure that all wires are being carried out in an efficient manner.
• Intake and validation of daily received wires within established guidelines with proper authorization.
• Perform verbal member verifications and provide Dodd-Frank disclosures to comply with regulatory requirements.
• Pull verifications performed by MDS, UNFCU Branches and Representative Offices submitted through the designated inboxes; check questions answered by the members against various internal systems and applications. Match verifications with wire transfer requests and route for processing or to management for approval. Flag verifications, as agreed with MDS, that are insufficient and cannot be accepted as complete.
• Review and verify all new wire requests submitted via email/fax for member data, payment instructions completeness and proper approvals. Distribute wires for processing in a timely fashion. Call back members for wire requests requiring further verification at management’s request.
• Retrieve daily voicemails left for the Wire Transfers Department and respond to queries with immediate action if possible.
• Maintain accurate and updated files of all correspondence in order to keep members and appropriate personnel informed of the status of processing, changes, or issue resolution.
• Ensure that all documentation for wire transfers is scanned, mailed and/or forwarded for prompt action.
• Communicate information to MSRs, employees and members on the status of outgoing/incoming wires.
• Practice vigilance in the detection of potentially fraudulent wire transfer requests.
• Review and decision items identified by the system as exceptions based on member information/banking details/risk assessment.
• Assist as needed with making entries between internal General Ledger accounts and member accounts to accommodate incoming/outgoing payments posting.
• Perform any additional assignments as needed.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma, plus some college coursework completed in relevant subjects (i.e. Accounting, Business Administration, etc.)1-2 years of clerical experience in a financial institution and basic knowledge of global payments structure
• Basic knowledge of accounting procedures
• Basic to intermediate computer skills, including MS Office
• Figure aptitude, organizational skills, and customer service orientation
• Excellent interpersonal skills and detail orientation
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to manage relationships throughout the organization
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Professional appearance and a willingness to work flexible hours
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.