Perform duties necessary to prevent credit/debit card fraud, including the detection of suspicious and fraudulent card activity. Make recommendations to strengthen internal card controls and minimize losses resulting from credit/debit card fraud. Research and respond proactively to trends in credit/debit card fraud and fraud control and prevention. Provide alerts about card compromises, strategy changes, etc. to Credit Union employees and other stakeholders.
• Maintain a high level of service satisfaction in all interactions with members and other stakeholders, especially members suffering from financial loss due to fraud.
• Conduct regular in-depth credit/debit card transaction and alert review and analysis using available systems and resources.
• Assist with the development of credit/debit card fraud policies and procedures. Make recommendations for strategy changes based on analysis and feedback from merchants, cardholders and vendors.
• Analyze and report credit/debit card fraud trends, performance and statistics to management using available systems and resources. Make recommendations based on the analysis of the data and provide ad hoc analysis when requested.
• Lead monthly presentations to management highlighting fraud performance and outlining future enhancements and projects.
• Work closely with vendors responding to reported credit/debit card fraud and large scale card compromises.
• Ensure credit/debit card fraud dispute process and documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner. Engage with internal staff and members when necessary to ensure compliance with required procedures and in accordance with regulations.
• Engage internal staff and key card processing vendors to ensure timely follow up and resolution of credit/debit card fraud claims.
• Interact with internal staff and members to verify the validity of suspicious transactions to mitigate credit/debit card fraud losses.
• Consistently meet department quality, service and production standards that promote member satisfaction, retention and expansion.
• Work closely with the Card Services management team on projects and implementations related to credit/debit card fraud monitoring and reporting.
• Ensure all credit/debit card fraud programs and actions are in compliance with organizational policies and relevant federal and state regulations.
• Embrace ongoing education and new technology; learn/apply new skills as it relates to the detection and prevention of credit/debit card fraud.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance and 5-7 years of experience in credit fraud crimes analysis/investigation
• Experience in a global organization is a plus
• Membership to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, or a comparable organization, is desirable
• Advanced analytical, research and investigation skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Crystal Report Writer and Monarch
• Ability to identify credit/debit card fraud trends
• Comprehensive knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to organize work and set priorities
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage relationships at all levels throughout the organization and membership
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.