Performs administrative support for the Office of General Counsel and the Ethics & Compliance program. Ensures optimal execution of day-to-day administrative tasks and projects within the department. Upholds the Credit Union's commitment to provide quality service and represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner at all times.
• Create and maintain databases, spreadsheets and compliance assessments for the Ethics & Compliance program and the Office of General Counsel.
• Compile, analyze, and distribute periodic reports regarding Key Performance Indicators and strategic plans.
• Respond to inquiries and requests in a prompt, efficient and friendly manner.
• Provide backup assistance as needed for other administrative staff in the organization.
• Sort and distribute mail and faxes.
• Answer/screen incoming telephone calls/emails and respond to moderately complex inquiries; escalate more complex calls/emails to the appropriate department personnel.
• Archive correspondence and other files for the department.
• Assist other UNFCU colleagues, branches, offices and departments with various functions or projects.
• Work on various short and long term projects.
• Utilize the Internet to research information and services.
• Create simple and some intermediate database queries for analysis as needed.
• Prepare correspondence and documents for the department as needed.
• Maintain calendar of itineraries and schedule/coordinate business meetings and teleconferences.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Coordinate department projects, event planning and execution.
• Record minutes for departmental and/or committee meetings.
• Order and monitor supplies as needed.
• Develop and maintain a positive business relationship with colleagues.
• Participate in UNFCU training programs.
• Perform any other function required by OGC team members and other CU staff, as needed.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree, or some college coursework completed, and, preferably, 1-3 years of experience in an office environment (administrative role preferred)
• Knowledge of standard office procedures
• Computer proficiency with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Superior service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management
• Standard office conditions
• Willingness to work flexible necessary hours
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.