Process Automatic Clearing House (ACH) debits and credit origination instructions, handle posting of received ACH debits and credits, and handle associated exceptions in accordance with NACHA guidelines. Receive and process proprietary manual payroll processing received from UN agencies. Assist with internal check processing as required.
• Process ACH debit and credit originations and/or receipts though the US low-value clearing network. Initiate Notification of Changes (NOCs) as it pertains to original ACH transactions and process any returns. Verify, post, and balance all ACH transactions and complete reconciliations of ACH transactions and general ledger postings. Provide assistance with inquiries regarding ACH transactions.
• Process items daily through in-house manual payroll solution for external UN agencies not currently using an ACH or wire transfer solution.
• Process Branch Check, Remote Deposit and ATM Deposit check files received and prepare Image Cash letter to be sent to the Federal Reserve Bank.
• Assist with EFT related inquiries from management, internal colleagues and/or members. Monitor group mailboxes as assigned and respond in a timely, clear and concise manner. Assist management with fact-finding, data mining and operational efficiency initiatives upon request.
• Assist as needed with check processing, including posting/returning of inclearing checks, deposited check imaging, and foreign check collection. Follow departmental guidelines regarding verification procedures, posting, exception handling, and return handling. Provide assistance with inquiries regarding check transactions.
• Coordinate with Accounting to resolve erroneous postings between internal General Ledger accounts and member accounts.
• Create daily balance sheets for EFT activities and deliver to Accounting for prior-day processing.
• Run and deliver reporting of specific exceptions (e.g. returns for specific originators) to Accounting for prior-day processing.
• Receive Return Cash letters and foreign collection checks from the Federal Reserve Bank for settlement to appropriate member accounts and internal General Ledger accounts.
• Prepare and maintain payment-related volume/value statistics on a daily basis for monthly report generation.
• Communicate in a clear and timely manner with internal colleagues and external members via telephone and email in response to payment-related inquiries. Take appropriate action to resolve identified issues.
• Assist with Treasury Reclamations as requested.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree and/or or a minimum of three years experience with ACH origination/receipt processing with an industry-standard ACH processing application (e.g. PEP+ or ACHPlus)
• The incumbent is expected to understand the electronic payment clearing process for ACH and checks in the US and to take action where necessary to prevent negative impact as a result of error
• Familiarity with low-value payment handling outside the US is beneficial, but not required
• Basic cash management aptitude
• Intermediate MS Office skills
• Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Professional verbal & written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and detail orientation
• Ability to manage relationships throughout the organization
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Professional appearance and a willingness to work flexible hours
• Strong negotiation, coordination and organizational skills
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.