Performs complex analysis to troubleshoot operational and application issues, particularly involving third party business applications that are in production. Also performs operational activities to support various business units within the organization. Promptly acknowledges requests from business units, performs various levels of analysis, and works with key stakeholders to determine next steps to resolve requests. Ensures to publish a consistent message of operational changes and provides quality assurance in monitoring various business processes and systems within the Credit Union.
• Maintain detailed working knowledge of various Credit Union business processes and applications/systems in order to provide technical and operational assistance to UNFCU staff.
• Assist in providing Level I (Service Desk) support when request volume is high.
• Acquire the knowledge of new applications or operational processes that are targeted to specific business units.
• Monitor, assess, create, publish, and maintain documentation for any requested changes by the business units as well as notify all internal staff of requested changes.
• Function as Level II support resource for systems and applications administered, supported, or managed by the IT Application Management group.
• Monitor and assist incoming Service Desk tickets escalated by Level I (Service Desk) support.
• Escalate incident/potential problems to Level III Support or the IT Application Support Manager depending on nature of issues.
• Research and implement application/system parameters, versions and query designs, data access and table maintenance codes; develop procedures for maintenance and support of such.
• Responsible for generating reports for management and staff from various database sources in an efficient manner.
• Troubleshoot and resolve operations and application issues.
• Perform various quality assurance and quality control aspects as they relate to the operations and applications within UNFCU such as identifying and documenting problems within operations and recommending solutions.
• Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and ‘frequently asked questions’ resources on UNFCU Knowledge/Solution database to assist in problem resolution.
• Post Operations Alerts and Service Alerts based on incident or request.
• Provide various levels of support related to Business Continuity Planning for specific applications and business units.
• Cross-train designated personnel for back-up purposes.
• Attend vendor conferences and present findings to IT department and business units.
• Follow UNFCU IT Service Management processes, policies and procedures.
• Participate in Credit Union training and development programs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Management Information Systems and a minimum of 2 years of banking/financial services operations and applications support experience
• Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL
• Working experience in supporting different software applications and systems
• Advanced computer skills, especially with databases and reporting
• Knowledge of the service management process
• General understanding of programming languages and system architecture
• Strong analytical ability/problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment to complete assigned projects in a timely manner
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Able to multi-task, taking on several initiatives at once
• Standard office conditions
• May require work on weekends or other extended hours
• Critical system outages and system upgrades may require 24/7 coverage on short notice
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.