Responsible for the processing and maintenance of loan applications in compliance with applicable Federal, State and NCUA rules, regulations and laws. This includes requesting all supporting documentation, and working with members and staff to ensure the timely processing, disbursement and maintenance of member consumer loans while upholding UNFCU’s commitment to exceptional member service and representing UNFCU in a positive and professional manner.
• Create loan documents for both electronic delivery and in person signings.
• Post/Fund loans and disburse funds by verifying figures and signatures, and appropriately document in all related information systems.
• Ensure prompt and accurate disbursement of consumer loan proceeds and issuance of credit cards.
• Ensure loan documents are complete and accurate according to policies, requirements, and regulations, including but not limited to checking for proper signatures, dates, and other relevant data.
• File all related documentation in appropriate information systems, and make decisions following all legal and credit union guidelines.
• Prepare all documents and files for archiving and forward to appropriate storage location.
• Maintain an efficient and organized workflow of loan applications.
• Answer telephone and email inquiries concerning consumer loan processing and information.
• Perform member account updates and communication with other departments.
• Resolve disputes between UNFCU and members using knowledge of loan process and legal requirements.
• Review loans posted by consumer lending colleagues to ensure accurate processing.
• Generate and distribute consumer lending activity reports.
• Act as a resource in the Consumer Lending department.
• Participate in credit union training programs and any other function as requested.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in a financial institution or lending environment
• Computer proficiency and applicable Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to understand lending regulations (i.e. Regulations Z, B, RESPA)
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong member service skills
• Professional appearance and willingness to work flexible work hours
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.