Under general supervision, utilizes the sales and service model to provide superior service to UNFCU membership promptly and courteously within established guidelines, most often facilitated through building effective relationships and diligent problem solving.
An incumbent in this position performs a variety of duties pertaining to the resolution of member inquiries, dissemination of information, and coordinating overall facilitation of member satisfaction through interactions with other branch staff.
This is a temporary part-time position. The schedule will be 11AM-4PM, Mon-Fri.
• Utilize the sales and service model to provide a memorable member experience at each and every touch point.
• Utilize the sales and service model to deepen connections with members to better understand their needs by asking effective questions and building relationships.
• Utilize the sales and service model to become a trusted advisor to members by presenting the features and benefits of UNFCU’s products and services that will best satisfy their current and future needs.
• Meet, greet, and direct members; coordinate and arrange appointments with other branch staff.
• Respond to routine account inquiries and assist members in the completion of all forms and applications.
• Process routine transactions and requests in accordance with compliance regulations, i.e. stop payments, address changes, balance letters, checkbook and photocopy orders, initiation of wires, enrollment in eStatements and Audio Response and PIN changes; update daily consumer loan and mortgage rates accordingly on branch display boards.
• Post and deliver outgoing US mail and interoffice mail items and prepare checkbooks for pouch delivery; receive deliveries to branch.
• Scan all documents generated by member service activities.
• Respond to telephone calls directed to the reception desk.
• Maintain confidentiality of all member account information.
• Participate in Credit Union training programs.
• Perform any other functions as requested by Supervisor/Management.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma and one to two years of banking experience in a customer service role.
• Requires proficiency in operating a PC and excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
• Banking product knowledge and adherence to banking guidelines is essential in this role.
• Must possess a working knowledge of best service practices to meet the needs of members.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and detail orientation
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.