Protect, optimize, and stabilize UNFCU’s payment card exposure. Ensure member satisfaction with transaction completion, protect against financial losses, and guard against reputational risk to UNFCU’s business from card industry compromise events. Balance member needs with prudent financial decisions. Promote teamwork and foster a challenging and rewarding environment for the Card Services team.
• Plan, organize, and direct Card Services activities to meet the Credit Union’s strategic objectives and targeted business results. Make resource adjustments as necessary. Direct, coordinate, train, and communicate to staff as needed to ensure uninterrupted, continuous departmental operations.
• Analyze current operational environment and recommend process improvements.
• Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships. Keep current on industry trends, regulatory requirements and risk issues. Analyze and make recommendations as to any changes or updates to forms, methods and systems, and direct the implementation of special initiatives that impact Card Services.
• Serve as a liaison between UNFCU and third party vendors associated with the cards industry.
• Serve as liaison and provide technical guidance to internal partners in the branches and within member service areas on operating procedures and coordinate resolution of operational issues. Ensure all procedures are properly documented, kept current, and followed as documented.
• Partner with the AVP, Card Services, and participate in departmental budgeting, staff development, program performance and analysis, network participation, process improvement, thorough and timely reporting, and compliance with all local, federal and international regulations and reporting requirements. Comply with all Visa and network operating rules and regulations.
• Assist in coordination of efforts with the Marketing Department to develop content for promotional materials and product offerings. Assist analysts and third party vendors in obtaining data to measure and assess performance of promotions and campaigns.
• Ensure world class member service and satisfaction through the administration of key tasks including statement delivery (including specialized pouch handling), card ordering and delivery, dispute resolution and fraud claim processing.
• Manage the technical interactions of the Card Services department with third party processing vendors including TMG, FDR, Gemalto and AB Note. Coordinate Card Services utilization of UNFCU IT services to ensure timely and accurate transmission of card processing files between UNFCU systems (i.e. Core>CSFI) and between UNFCU and third party agents (i.e. FDR>Core, CSFI>Core).
• Oversee ATM reconciliation, credit card payment processing and adjustments, NSF processing, Visa over limit processing and other required activities.
• Execute and monitor all phases of credit card, debit card, ATM and Priority Pass production including card stock inventory, normal and exception card re-issuance, PIN issuance/maintenance and plastics delivery.
• Monitor, coach, evaluate, motivate, and develop direct reports and create a climate where teamwork can flourish. Complete Performance Management activities on a timely basis. Provide training to the Card Services staff as needed and create an environment where teamwork can flourish and provide leadership and guidance to the Card Services Member Service Supervisor in the management, oversight, and monitoring of the card services function.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of supervisory experience in a financial services environment with a concentration in card services
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Familiarity with consumer payment behavior in diverse global regions
• Ability to upgrade both customer service and fraud measurement MIS reporting
Leading the organization:
• Managing change
• Solving problems and making decisions
• Managing politics and influencing others
• Taking risks and innovating
• Setting vision and strategy
• Managing the work
• Enhancing business skills and knowledge
• Understanding and navigating the organization
Leading the self:
• Demonstrating ethics and integrity
• Displaying drive and purpose
• Exhibiting leadership stature
• Increasing your capacity to learn
• Managing yourself
• Increasing self-awareness
• Developing adaptability
• Communicating effectively
• Developing others
• Valuing diversity and inclusion
• Building and maintaining relationships
• Managing effective teams and work groups
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.