Under limited supervision, this position performs analytics, reporting, change management and process improvement for the lending division. Will work to ensure that new guidelines, programs and procedures are communicated, implemented, and consistently applied by the lending staff. Works closely with the VP, Retail Lending & Servicing and various lending managers to recommend and assess the changes required to meet market needs, regulatory requirements, operational efficiency and prudent lending. Provides leadership to the Lending Operations team; monitors and reports on the progress of projects and initiatives managed by Lending Operations.
• Conduct complex analysis in order to make and implement recommendations to increase the efficiency of the lending area. Serve as liaison with the IT Department to communicate business requirements and user acceptance testing results.
• Plan, prepare, and deliver change management support for lending staff.
• Prepare presentations for management and staff.
• Provide operational support in evaluating loan participation pools for purchase. Analyze data tapes, assess lending risk, and make recommendations.
• Provide operational support and implementation planning in rolling out new lending products and services.
• Draft Loan Policy and Procedures updates for approval tracking distribution. Manage changes to Guidelines, Policies and Procedures in various repositories.
• Track lending goals and keep managers apprised to ensure departments are on target.
• Serve as a back-up to Lending Reporting Analyst.
• Manage lending projects and special assignments as assigned.
• Perform additional responsibilities as required.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus 5 years experience in a lending environment
• Advanced understanding of lending regulations (i.e. Regulations Z, B, and RESPA)
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Visio, MS Project and MS Access preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Work independently with strong problem solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions on complex situations
• Attention to detail, a professional appearance and a willingness to work flexible hours
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.