Under general supervision utilizes the UNFCU sales and service model to provide superior service to UNFCU membership promptly and courteously within established guidelines, most often facilitated through building effective relationships and diligent problem solving. The MSR position is responsible for determining members' financial needs and making referrals where necessary, promoting the Credit Union's product line, processing new accounts/loan applications, resolving member account/loan problems, and assisting members to the fullest extent possible. MSRs also assist with various administrative functions related to the efficient running of the Geneva offices including reception duties, promoting the business, performing various projects and daily processes, as well as improving procedures.
An incumbent in this position performs a variety of duties related to servicing members of the United Nations Federal Credit Union. A Member Service Representative is distinguished from an Assistant Member Service Representative by the requirement to utilize the Con2ect Member Experience Model to conduct thorough member interviews, handle more complicated member inquiries and requests, and take appropriate action under more generalized supervision.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to provide a memorable member experience at each and every touch point.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to deepen connections with members to better understand their needs by asking effective questions and building relationships.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to become a trusted advisor to members by presenting the features and benefits of UNFCU’s products and services that will best satisfy their current and future needs.
• Investigate member account/loan issues, determine action necessary to resolve the issue, and ensure that this action is taken in a timely fashion. Follow up to ensure that the issue is corrected, and keep members informed of the status of their issues.
• Keep abreast of changing/new regulations, UNFCU products, procedures and technology.
• Verify eligibility of prospective members, establish new memberships, and open new accounts.
• Respond to member telephone inquiries and requests. Prepare responses to member correspondence.
• Maintain confidentiality of all member account information.
• Assist with various functions that contribute towards the increased efficiency of the office. This could include performing clerical/reception/telephone duties to support department when necessary.
• Participate in Credit Union training programs.
• Perform any other functions as requested by Supervisor/Management which stay within the competence of UNFCU business in Geneva.
• Assist other UNFCU colleagues, branches, offices and departments with various functions or projects.
• Conduct promotional activities such as presentations and info desks, etc.
• Work on various short and long term projects.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• High School (secondary school) graduate certificate preferred.
• Minimum 2 years retail banking experience.
• Knowledge of regulations pertaining to accounts, services, confidentiality and lending, and/or ability and willingness to learn these as well as other skills and practices, is required.
• Must posses a friendly, positive and strong service orientation.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, computer ability, sales orientation, fluency in French and English, and a professional appearance.
• Must be willing to work occasional overtime hours.
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.