This position upholds UNFCU’s commitment to provide quality Member Service and represent the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner by overseeing the daily member interactive activities of the Card Services department, including telephone, mail and email channels. The Senior Card Services Specialist works directly with members to resolve all Credit and Debit card customer service issues. The position holder develops and maintains a close working relationship with all vendors and processors to ensure optimal member access and services. This position is also responsible for ensuring incoming email queues are completed by staff in an accurate and efficient manner as well as working with UN agencies to provide specialized United Nations Corporate Card services.
• Assist in supervision of the daily activities of the Card Services Specialists.
• Ensure world class flawless member service and satisfaction by effectively resolving member’s card related issues; by serving as an escalation point for special services provided to United Nations VIPs, UN Corporate agency accounts and remote members with special needs.
• Review critical situations reported by members/staff and coordinate seamless service to members with Call Center and Branches through all communication channels.
• Review procedures/processes and suggest improvements and/or new products that will both improve efficiency and improve the overall member experience.
• Maintain detailed working knowledge of all internal and third party systems involved in supporting Credit and Debit cards, ATM terminals and Digital Banking (for card products).
• Act as department subject matter expert for all new system implementations and upgrades, both issuing and acquiring with regards to how it relates to the member experience.
• Execute quality control procedures to ensure accurate card product authorization, posting, and statement generation.
• Responsible for department documentation, including writing new procedures, and reviewing/editing existing procedures, reference manuals, training materials and operational alerts.
• Provide training support for all department staff.
• Assist with generating monthly MIS for all card products and recommend new data analysis options to department management. Assist with development of MIS specific to each type of Card usage to support management decisions.
• Primary backup to Supervisor to troubleshoot and resolve member service and experience issues.
• Coordinate with internal and vendor staff to execute weekly maintenance procedures for Card product delivery systems.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree, plus 3-5 years back office experience in a financial processing environment (card-related field is a plus)
• Bachelors and/or Masters Degree preferred
• Computer proficiency with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Basic knowledge of debit and credit card processing
• Knowledge of Regulation E and Regulation Z is a plus
• Conscientious and detail oriented with ability to problem solve
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide a high level of customer service
• Excellent verbal & written communications skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Professional appearance and willingness to work flexible hours
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.