Manage UNFCU CRE Loan Portfolio to acceptable standards of quality, and participate in development and growth of the portfolio.
• Assist the CLO in developing the charter for the Commercial Credit Committee.
• Serve as Chair for the Commercial Credit Committee.
• Develop guidelines and procedures for the effective administration of CRE loan participations.
• Ensure compliance with UNFCU CRE loan policy and with NCUA and other applicable regulations.
• Identify opportunities for new CRE loans within footprint through credit unions, community banks and CUSOs in cooperation with the Business Development team.
• Manage relationships with counter-parties.
• Analyze loan packages submitted by potential participants and present recommendations to the Commercial Credit Committee.
• Perform loan analysis to ensure that loan rates and pricing meet appropriate yield requirements.
• Perform due diligence on potential participants and lead participants/agents; execute periodic evaluations.
• Risk grade all seasoned commercial loans.
• Work with Accounting Department to determine appropriate CRE loss reserves.
• Determine strategies and oversee loss mitigation strategies with participating credit unions for substandard loans.
• Work with management to establish and track KPIs for commercial loan performance.
• Participate in budgeting process in relation to CRE lending.
• Prepare summary reports of CRE activity and performance for senior management, ALCO and the Board of Directors.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree (Business or Economics concentration preferred) and a minimum of 10 years experience analyzing commercial real estate loan transactions in a commercial retail banking environment
• Experience influencing and managing others
• Experience with preparation and presentation of loan proposals
• Previous authority for approving and/or recommending CRE loan requests
• Organized and has either participated in or led (preferred) a Commercial Credit Committee
• Solid understanding of CRE loan documents, practices and regulations
• Strong understanding of personal and business tax returns, financial statements, leases and credit profiles
• Ability to analyze CRE appraisals and environmental reports
• Ability to describe and educate on commercial real estate loan concepts and practices
• Ability to effectively organize and manage projects
• Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Leading the organization:
• managing change
• solving problems and making decisions
• managing politics and influencing others
• taking risks and innovating
• setting vision and strategy
• managing the work
• enhancing business skills and knowledge
• understanding and navigating the organization
Leading the self:
• demonstrating ethics and integrity
• displaying drive and purpose
• exhibiting leadership stature
• increasing your capacity to learn
• managing yourself
• increasing self-awareness
• developing adaptability
• communicating effectively
• developing others
• valuing diversity and inclusion
• building and maintaining relationships
• managing effective teams and work groups
• Standard office conditions
• Some travel required for visiting participating credit unions and performing property inspections in NY, NJ, CT, DC, VA and MD