Contribute to the successful delivery of Talent Management programs and initiatives. Work collaboratively to ensure Talent Management programs are executed in an organized and professional manner through effective planning, preparation and follow up, resulting in a successful employee experience. Will have direct exposure to a variety of programs and initiatives that impact employee engagement, talent development and talent acquisition.
• On a bi-weekly basis, facilitate and deliver full day New Hire Orientation Program; coordinate all logistics including preparation of training materials (e.g. participant guides, handouts, evaluation forms and visual aids); liaise with Conference Center Specialist to ensure conference room reservation and set up; partner with Corporate Learning to confirm new hire training plans and schedule in-person class management, and communicate to hiring managers and new hires; evaluate content and structure of program to maximize effectiveness and new hire engagement.
• Support Talent Acquisition Specialist by executing the full cycle recruitment process to source and engage appropriate talent for limited open positions; routinely assist with recruitment activities and administration, including scheduling interviews, screening resumes, and providing status to candidates; develop job templates and candidate communications residing in the talent acquisition platform, iCIMS.
• Administer the organization’s global social recognition platform, Shout Out (powered by Globoforce); routinely monitor the platform, liaise with the vendor, respond to employee inquiries, provide data feeds and reporting, generate and facilitate creative methods to drive utilization, and ensure proper execution of rewards and recognition.
• Administer other small scale programs, such as Rosetta Stone, to ensure seamless utilization and employee engagement.
• Keep abreast of legal and regulatory changes that impact Talent Management functions; proactively recommend and implement solutions or amendments to processes and operations to ensure compliance.
• Provide program support and coordination for initiatives led by the Talent Management team including, but not limited to, coordinating activities, focus groups and meetings; preparation of materials; procuring and distributing promotional items; and light reporting and analysis.
• Provide vendor management for the Talent Management team; maintain and update contracts and ensure adequate recordkeeping.
• Maintain confidentiality and provide assistance in ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations in all UNFCU locations.
• Perform other duties directed by management.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years HR experience, preferably in a corporate environment
• Previous experience with classroom facilitation and full cycle recruitment preferred
• Good understanding of employment laws
• Intermediate MS Office skills
• Exposure to iCIMS and/or Globoforce platforms is a plus
• Ability to take direction and manage multiple concurrent assignments
• Must be well organized with strong time management skills
• Strong detail orientation and coordination skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with an outgoing, assertive communication style
• Professional appearance and a willingness to work flexible hours
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.