This position is responsible for assisting the Mortgage Originations Team with member applications, appointment scheduling, member documentation, reporting and rates. Responsibilities also include assisting with general mortgage inquiries and gathering documentation from potential applicant(s) and/or Mortgage Representatives and uploading into Radstar. In this role, the individual will determine the applicant’s financial needs and promote mortgage products/services that meet those needs. Individual will ensure compliance with UNFCU and third party loan policies and federal, state and NCUA rules, regulations and laws. This position is focused on the administrative side of the originations process and is responsible for supporting the rest of the team in this capacity.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly sales tracking reports using Microsoft Excel and Crystal Reports.
• Import new loans from Mortgagebot to FICS.
• Compile competitive market analysis as needed.
• Schedule appointments for the Mortgage Representatives.
• Respond to telephone calls and emails directed to the Mortgage Centre and assist with general inquiries related to interest rates, closing costs and loan programs.
• Review and process paperwork submitted by Mortgage Representatives and members. Scan application documents into document management system.
• Review and distribute incoming emails and correspondence.
• Assist with Mortgage Centre promotional activities, i.e. seminars, webinars, Realtor Days, etc.
• Perform all clerical functions for the Mortgage Centre (i.e. filing, maintenance of databases, photocopying, meeting minutes and mailing thank you letters and promotional giveaways).
• Participate in credit union training programs and any other functions as requested.
• Perform any other functions requested by management.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree, or equivalent experience, plus 1 year of experience in a first or second residential lending origination environment.
• Strong PC skills, including MS Office and Crystal Reports preferred.
• Willingness to work flexible hours and in a team environment required.
• Professional manner and appearance also required.
• Excellent member service skills, as well as a strong sales orientation with good organizational and communication skills.
• Standard office conditions.
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.