Under general supervision, responds to member inquiries related to debit and credit cards. Performs a variety of duties in order to provide members the use of their debit and credit cards in a trouble free environment. Provides quality service related to statement reconciliation, card usage, maintenance and prevention/reduction of fraud among payment cards. Duties also include, but are not limited to, replacing debit and credit cards, performing card payments, and transfer of funds from cards to checking/savings accounts.
• Deliver superior service to members primarily online via the incoming email service queue, but also via telephone inquiry, web chat, fax, or mail regarding their debit or credit cards.
• Assist members with card dispatching (express/standard delivery) to designated locations/duty stations as directed. Perform necessary maintenance/adjustments to members’ cards, block accounts, and complete transfers.
• Replace debit and credit cards in accordance with department rules and regulations.
• Process payments to credit cards on behalf of members.
• Navigate multiple service applications.
• Review credit and debit transactions with members and differentiate between disputes and possible fraudulent use.
• Administer dispute/fraud claim forms when necessary.
• Issue PIN mailers.
• Release pending authorizations per merchant written request.
• Review daily reports when necessary.
• Assist Department Manager/Supervisor with ad hoc tasks as needed.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree plus 3 years experience in a credit card service environment
• Computer proficiency with intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Excel, and basic knowledge in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Computer proficiency with basic knowledge in DataWatch Monarch a plus
• Basic knowledge of accounting and card processing
• Prior card claims processing experience a plus
• Experience in invoicing/expense analysis a plus
• Knowledge of Regulation E and Regulation Z
• Conscientious and detail oriented with ability to problem solve
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide a high level of service
• Excellent verbal & written communications skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Professional appearance and willingness to work flexible hours
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.