Responsible for the coordination of the Credit Union’s overall compliance with applicable rules, regulations and statutory requirements by assisting in maintaining a comprehensive compliance program.
• Possess adequate knowledge of BSA/AML, as well as other regulatory and compliance issues associated with a financial institution, including familiarity with OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act issues.
• Analyze new and existing members for potential OFAC matches using Prime Compliance Suite.
• Review required OFAC reports and notifications as required by law, rule or regulation; report findings to management.
• Review new members to ensure compliance with UNFCU’s Customer Identification Policy.
• Execute filing and monitoring of Currency Transaction Reports.
• Review accounts for suspicious activity and assist in filing reports where applicable.
• Assist with regulatory examinations, including Internal Audit.
• Assist with the implementation of new regulations as they apply to UNFCU.
• Maintain department databases and reports associated with compliance regulations.
• Liaise with other departments to review and approve transactions for members in OFAC restricted countries.
• Assist with evaluating existing written policies and procedures and the training and development of such policies and procedures.
• Participate in Credit union training programs.
• Perform any other functions required by management.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and at least 3 years of experience in either operations or compliance
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in an efficient manner
• Well organized; detail oriented and has the ability to work independently
• Ability to work with all levels of management and Credit Union staff, as well as members
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.