Provides advanced-level administrative and project management support for the Senior Vice President of Retail Services/Foundation President, the UNFCU Foundation, and as needed, the Executive Management team, to enable them to effectively execute their responsibilities for UNFCU. Works collaboratively with Marketing and other colleagues to organize events for the UNFCU Foundation. Dedicated to sustaining and developing the organization’s corporate responsibility commitment. Fully engaged in the successful execution and expansion of the philanthropic mission of the organization. Responsible for upholding the Credit Union’s commitment to provide quality member service and represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner at all times.
UNFCU Foundation –
• Support day-to-day operations for the UNFCU Foundation and coordinate all activities for Advisory Council and Board meetings. Serve as a liaison and provide ongoing support to the President of the UNFCU Foundation, the Fund Administration Committee and the Fundraising Committee.
• Serve as a member of the Advisory Council and Fund Administration Committee.
• Coordinate the internal grant administrative process from the initial application to the closing of the grant, following Foundation policy and procedures. Manage the grants management tracking system to identify and present grant requests to ensure informed decisions. Maintain and analyze data on the foundation’s grant-making process. Regularly communicate with grantees and ensure the Foundation receives updates on program activities. Provide project status reports for the Foundation Board’s review. Liaise with grantees, applicants, and the Advisory Council team to provide guidance and support.
• Prepare contract agreements, grant declination letters, acknowledgment and thank you letters, as well as other formal correspondence.
• Assist in the planning, execution and follow-up of Foundation fundraising events.
• Collaborate with Human Resources to organize various staff engagement initiatives that increase awareness and cultivate knowledge for current and future Foundation activities and objectives.
• Review and process all invoices, payments and wire transfers.
• Prepare the annual operating budget. Ensure monthly budgeted amounts are utilized according to plan. Liaise with Accounting and Marketing to confirm revenue and expenses per budget plan. Monitor budget vs. actual expenses and inform the Foundation President of any significant variances.
• Maintain and update policies, practices and procedures as needed. Assist the VP, Deputy General Counsel with state legislation filings and registrations.
• Produce and assemble reports and other materials for Foundation Board meetings. Attend the meetings and prepare the minutes.
• Other administrative and program functions as needed and directed by the Foundation President.
• Engage in ad-hoc projects as directed by the SVP, Retail Services and Director, Executive Operations.
• Assist with event planning and execution.
• Assist the Chief Investment Officer with travel arrangements and reimbursement for quarterly CUNA Board of Trustees meetings and industry conferences.
• Provide back-up coverage to the Executive Administrator for the SVP-Retail Services and SVP-Finance as required.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years experience providing support to C-level executives, preferably in a not-for-profit organization
• Bi-lingual (English and French, Italian or Spanish) is preferred
• Event planning experience is a plus
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Proficiency in Adobe Professional a plus
• Strong analytical/problem-solving and project management skills
• Excellent event-planning skills
• Proven ability to deliver on-time and on-budget programs and initiatives
• Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated
• Ability to effectively work both independently and collaboratively to achieve shared goals
• Ability to interact with individuals at all professional levels
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and service skills
• Manage multiple priorities simultaneously without compromising quality or productivity
• Maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Standard office conditions
• Willingness to work flexible work hours
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.