Responsible for the coordination of the Credit Union’s overall compliance with applicable rules, regulations and statutory requirements, as related to lending, by assisting in maintaining a comprehensive compliance program.
• Research and review all newly issued federal and state laws and regulations affecting lending at the Credit Union.
• Review changes to Compliance Lending Policy.
• Ensure all new and existing loan products and services meet regulatory compliance requirements.
• Review marketing materials, other delivery channels and website changes for compliance with all applicable regulations.
• Review fair lending data, compliance reports and complaints. Work with management to develop risk mitigation strategies, track and report progress, and validate corrective actions.
• Perform lending compliance research and advise lending management of upcoming changes in regulations.
• Work with business lines to manage various projects and initiatives in connection with lending compliance.
• Develop and maintain an ongoing lending compliance training program for Credit Union employees with a concentration on fair lending laws and regulations, including Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Truth in Lending, Fair Housing Act (FHA), and Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP).
• Conduct daily HMDA data integrity reviews on all eligible mortgage loan files; communicate findings to department for remediation and summary of findings to the lending management team on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Ensure HMDA LAR is accurately completed and recorded in the HMDA files on a monthly basis and 30 calendar days after the end of each calendar quarter.
• Coordinate and conduct annual year-end data scrub for the LAR submission to CFPB.
• Assist with maintaining UNFCU’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by UNFCU compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Address compliance-related issues outlined as a result of any internal or external audit, NCUA examination or other third party.
• Research and respond to inquiries from Lending personnel.
• Perform any other functions required by management.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, and at least 3-5 years of experience in either operations or lending compliance within a financial institution
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in an efficient manner
• Well organized; detail oriented and has the ability to work independently
• Ability to work with all levels of management and Credit Union staff, as well as members
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.