Contributes to the overall success of UNFCU by ensuring that employees are fully equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to deliver high quality service and sales to members. Responsible for the employee learning life cycle including: corporate learning strategy, needs assessment, course design, curriculum development, implementation, facilitation and evaluation.
• Collaborate with FVP, HR to set overall direction of global, organization wide corporate learning and drive learning initiatives to increase individual, team and organizational performance.
• Utilize industry best practices to conduct learning needs analysis, design, development and delivery of blended learning programs that support UNFCU’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, culture and strategic objectives.
• Manage UNFCU’s foundational learning programs at all levels; create engaging tools and programs to establish a baseline of learning across the organization.
• Ensure employee technical readiness for new software features and application launches, as well as other system updates.
• Develop and maintain relationships with enterprise management to understand and address their learning needs to ensure staff have the knowledge necessary to be successful in their jobs.
• Oversee the development of e-learning offerings that meet diverse learning needs. Select and manage vendors that act as partners in the creation of customized programs.
• Oversee the Saba Learning Management System to ensure a consistent methodology for offering various learning such as; regulatory and compliance learning, internal content and third party vendor offerings.
• Evaluate, coach, and develop the Corporate Learning team to fulfill their potential and attain the highest level of performance and ongoing professional development.
• Continually learn, develop, and keep current with best practices in the area of learning and apply those practices in the development of UNFCU’s learning offerings.
• Collaborate with the HR team to efficiently offer high quality HR programs and learning offerings.
• Maintain confidentiality and ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations in all UNFCU locations. Ensure satisfactory record keeping by maintaining adequate documentation.
• All other duties as assigned.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, plus at least 7 years progressive experience in corporate learning and development
• Proven experience as a Corporate Learning Manager or similar role
• Experience developing learning strategy for organizations
• Experience with learning program development and project management
• Experience in a financial services/customer service organization preferred
• Familiarity with eLearning platforms and practices.
• Saba LMS experience preferred
• Thorough knowledge of adult learning theory and practice
• Effective stand-up facilitation and presentation skills
• Ability to assess corporate learning needs and provide creative solutions
• Ability to design, develop, facilitate, and evaluate diverse learning programs
• Knowledge of adult learning principles, including social learning and blended learning strategies
Leading the organization:
• Managing change
• Solving problems and making decisions
• Managing politics and influencing others
• Taking risks and innovating
• Setting vision and strategy
• Managing the work
• Enhancing business skills and knowledge
• Understanding and navigating the organization
Leading the self:
• Demonstrating ethics and integrity
• Displaying drive and purpose
• Exhibiting leadership stature
• Increasing your capacity to learn
• Managing yourself
• Increasing self-awareness
• Developing adaptability
• Passionate about helping people learn and grow.
• Communicating effectively
• Developing others
• Valuing diversity and inclusion
• Building and maintaining relationships
• Managing effective teams and work groups
• Standard office conditions
• Periodic travel to other UNFCU locations may be required
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.