Under general supervision, provides first and second level support to UNFCU system users. Ensures that all UNFCU hardware and peripherals are maintained in accordance with UNFCU standards. The functions performed by this position are founded on systems analysis and may include subsequent activities such as desktop patch management, roll outs, projects, desktop standards, procedures, research and development. Position will also claim, resolve, and/or escalate assigned Service Desk tickets in accordance with the UNFCU Service Level Agreement.
• Address incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and Self Service system to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
• Monitor and claim Service Desk tickets regarding service requests, and operational and maintenance issues in accordance with the UNFCU IT Service Level Agreement.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve, in person or by telephone/remote login, IT service, operational and maintenance issues relating to desktop operating systems, computer hardware and service desk supported business applications. Maintain issue ownership to resolution to ensure user satisfaction. Escalate issues to second level applications support as per UNFCU Service Desk guidelines.
• Troubleshoot, isolate, or identify IT service issues caused by network infrastructure failures or improper network systems configurations, and work with second level applications support staff to resolve such service interruptions.
• Document incidents and resolutions of new services or operational issues into UNFCU knowledge base tools for future reference.
• Alert IT Management to potential underlying problems, based on analysis of incidents or trends reported to the Service Desk team. Assist with root cause analysis of such problems.
• On request, provide/revoke access to third party applications, UNFCU applications, and/or files and folders in network drives by following UNFCU Access Management policies and procedures.
• Create and post Intranet web pages and announcements based on user requests.
• Follow UNFCU IT Service Management processes, policies and procedures
• As directed, recommend system component upgrades to minimize maintenance costs or service interruptions. Submit procurement requests as required.
• As directed, manage existing service contracts and software licensing agreements, track vendor performance and adherence to existing agreements, and review and recommend changes to existing or new hardware and software agreements.
• As directed, ensure that systems meet industry standards for security and availability. Maintain continuity plans for systems under management.
• As directed, research and evaluate new technology (hardware and software); stay apprised of industry best practices, and recommend changes to processes and procedures that add value and help achieve business goals.
• As directed, define hardware and software standards for client side systems, including desktop computers, laptops, operating systems, productivity/office tools and peripherals.
• As directed, train and assist users on appropriate computer hardware and software usage. Conduct ongoing evaluations of computer use and needs, and assist users with hardware and software selection. Establish standards for new computer hardware and software to ensure consistent performance.
• As directed, act as Project Leader or as a project resource for approved UNFCU computing initiatives.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and at least 2 years experience in a technical help desk or technical support environment or an Associate’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years experience in a technical help desk or technical support environment
• MCSE/MCSA and Comp TIA A+ certifications preferred
• Advanced knowledge of current leading technology
• Knowledge of corporate networking environments and desktop technologies (i.e. Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 along with their Microsoft Networking configurations)
• Working familiarity of Citrix, Active Directory, TCP/IP and Telecommunications preferred
• Will need to apply systems analysis techniques and procedures in order to maintain systems availability
• General project management skills
• Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL is a plus
• Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision
• Excellent multi-tasking skills
• Ability to follow detailed instructions
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to research, troubleshoot, and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools, as well as exercising a fair amount of independent decision making and problem solving skills
• Ability to learn complex technical material and execute accountabilities accordingly
• Standard office conditions
• Required to lift and move objects weighing up to 75 pounds
• Required to work on weekends or other extended hours
• Critical system outages and system upgrades may require 24/7 coverage on short notice
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.