This position assists members in achieving their financial goals by offering a wide range of financial products and services. This is accomplished through thorough examination of the member’s personal financial profile and offering the solutions that will benefit those specific needs.
• Analyze the financial situation of our members to assess which investment opportunities would best fit their needs.
• Meet with members through referrals and walk-ins; ask probing questions to reveal what investment options would be best for each member.
• Design a long-term investment strategy for each member.
• Monitor the effectiveness and satisfaction level of each member by contacting him or her periodically to discuss the financial plan.
• Participate in investment seminars, which introduce members to the products and services offered by the Investment Centre.
• Cross-sell products and services offered by other departments throughout the Credit Union.
• Monitor the special occasions within a members life through which a new investment opportunity might arise
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, with at least five years of experience in an investment area. Must posses Series 7 and 66 certification as well as a current life and health insurance license.
• Full range of knowledge in investments and insurance products and opportunities
• Must be able to meet with members and establish a relationship through which a proper investment plan can be created
• Independent judgment on all investment issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills and detail orientation
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to manage relationships at all levels throughout the organization
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Professional appearance and a willingness to work flexible hours
• Work assignments require the use of independent judgment and interpretation when making recommendations to Members
• Strong negotiation, coordination and organizational skills
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.