Under general supervision, apply UNFCU's service principles to all interactions, process all member transactions while maintaining confidentiality, handle foreign currency transactions, and ensure the safekeeping of cash, foreign currencies and checks in compliance with regulations.
• Utilize the UNFCU sales and service model to provide a memorable member experience at each and every touch point.
• Ensure accurate processing of transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, share drafts, money orders, travelers checks, gift checks, cashing of checks, cash advances, loan payments and foreign currency transactions (buy and sell foreign currency), while maintaining confidentiality of members’ accounts and ensuring the security of all cash in accordance with credit union procedures.
• Replenish ATMs with cash on a regular basis.
• Encode and microfilm checks to be deposited and reconcile all cash, money orders, travelers checks and gift checks, plus any needed back up work, at the end of the day; ensure safekeeping in the vault.
• Keep abreast of changing/new regulations, UNFCU products, procedures and technology.
• Prepare departmental cash letter for deposit to Federal Reserve at close of business day.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma and 1-2 years of teller experience
• Basic knowledge of financial branch procedures and practices
• Computer aptitude and working knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent organizational skills and service orientation
• Strong oral & written communication skills
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Standard office conditions
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.